- To gather and have fun!
- To learn about the Gallinas Headwaters, and the role of headwaters in watershed health. ( there will NOT be a test, points given for interesting questions)
- To share Gallinas Watershed facts, information and stories about Gallinas Headwaters and the watershed
- Meet in from of the Terra Linda Community Center (TLCC) on Del Ganado Rd.in Terra Linda (see yellow pin on map)
- Parking is available in lots west and east of the community center and on the street.
- Leave TLCC at 3:15 and walk up Del Ganado Rd to the open space gate.
- Continue on fire roads to the Terra Linda Sleepy Hollow Divide, walk along the trail trending south until we emerge at the top of MT Freitas Parkway gate.
- Walk back down Freitas Parkway back to our starting point.
Hike Leader: Hydrologist Rachel Kamman
Total hike distance: @ 3.5 miles
Total time: 2.0 hrs
Difficulty: Moderate – the hike climbs some relatively steep hills but the footing is good. If you think you might need a little extra time, or to shorten the hike, drive to the top of Del Ganado and/or arrive at 3 and request a shuttle from a GWC member. Then hike at your own leisurely pace to a designated overlook and wait for the group to arrive there at about 3:30.
Everyone is welcome:
Kids – Great! I’m bringing 3
Dogs – sure, well behaved and on leash please since we are walking as a group. Be ready to pick up after rover!
Rain does not cancel
Dress appropriately and be prepared for mud.
After all this is a watershed and what better time to walk than in the rain so we can see the watershed in action!