Maps and information about places in the Gallinas Valley Watershed area.
Gallinas Valley in San Rafael, CA is home to the Marin County Civic Center, a Frank Lloyd Wright designed complex which is the seat of the Marin County government. The valley also includes a state park (China Camp State Park), a county park and municipal golf course (John F. McInnis Park and McInnis Park Golf Center), a beach (McNears Beach County Park), a private airport (San Rafael Airport), several schools (Terra Linda High School), shops, restaurants and movie theaters (e.g. Northgate Shopping Center), a large Medical Center (Kaiser Permanente San Rafael Medical Center) a small industrial park (Northgate Industrial Park) as well as open space (San Pedro Ridge, Terra Linda/Sleepy Hollow Divide, Santa Margarita Island) and wetlands (Southwest tip of the San Pablo Bay Wildlife Area, Santa Venetia Marsh).
- Barbier Park, City of San Rafael [Bay Area Hiker]
- China Camp State Park [Bay Area Hiker]
- Las Gallinas Wildlife Ponds, LGVSD [Bay Area Hiker]
- San Pedro Mountain Open Space Preserve, MCOSD [Bay Area Hiker]
- Santa Margarita Open Space Preserve, MCOSD [Bay Area Hiker]
- Santa Venetia Marsh Open Space Preserve, MCOSD [Bay Area Hiker]
- Terra Linda/Sleepy Hollow Divide Open Space Preserve (south section) MCOSD [Bay Area Hiker]
- Terra Linda/Sleepy Hollow Divide Open Space Preserve (north section) MCOSD [Bay Area Hiker]
- China Camp State Park [CA Parks]
This is the GWC Watershed Map describing the challenges facing our watershed:
Historical, environmental, geological and geographical maps are found below.
|MCCDA Map2_0_Las_Gallinas_Valley_Land_Use.pdf||616k View Download|
|San Pablo Bay Plan_Map_1.pdf||587k View Download|
|SanPabloBay_Wildlife_Area_Map.pdf||153k View Download|
|SanPabloBay_Wildlife_Area_Topo.pdf||701k View Download|
|SanPedroMtn SantaVenetia SantaMargaritaIsland OSP Map.pdf||397k View Download|
|TerraLinda SleepyHollow OSP Map.pdf||676k View Download|
|FloodControlZone7_8x11_2009.pdf||162k View Download|
|16inch sea level rise central_bay_north.pdf||357k View Download|