Join the Santa Venetia Neighborhood Association (SVNA) for our upcoming Community Meeting where we welcome Marin County Staff and a local Surveyor to talk about FEMA, flooding, and related issues.
The presentation by Hannah Lee and Bene Da Silva from the Marin County Flood Control & Water Conservation District, Department of Public Works will include:
- · What does the County do to keep storm drains clear, including annual leaf sweeping and drain cleaning.
- · What can private property owners do with their own leaves to help prevent drains from clogging.
- · Where and when are portable storm water pumps deployed in Santa Venetia.
- · Update on levee/floodwalls routine maintenance and inspections, including gopher abatement, and USACE Feasibility Study.
- · Update on the Watershed Program and associated storm drain modeling efforts.
Land Surveyor Michael Ford will make a presentation on the recent changes to the Flood Insurance Program and the Biggert-Waters Act of 2012. Educated on the latest FEMA regulations regarding changes to the flood insurance program, he will speak on providing Elevation Certificates and FEMA LOMAs to homeowners to help reduce their flood insurance premiums.
As well, we will hold our annual SVNA Board elections and, as time permits, Working Committee presentations will include our Community Plan, Social Activities, Neighborhood Beautification, Land Use, and more.
All residents welcome – Tuesday, October 29 at 7pm. Meetings are held at the Korean Presbyterian Church, 635 Adrian Way in Santa Venetia.