On Saturday May 11, 2013 from 3-5 PM GWC led another WATERSHED HIKE in the Santa Venetia Open Space.
Thank you to all those who attended!
- To gather and have fun!
- To learn about the Gallinas Headwaters, and the role of headwaters in watershed health. ( there will NOT be a test, points given for interesting questions)
- To share Gallinas Watershed facts, information and stories about Gallinas Headwaters and the watershed
- Meet at East end of Vendola St. near Pump Station (take North San Pedro to La Brea to Vendola, turn right)
- Parking is available on street
- Leave pump station at 3:15 and walk around the Santa Venetia Open Space.
Hike Leader: Hydrologist Rachel Kamman
Total hike distance: < 2 miles
Total time: 2.0 hrs
Difficulty: Easy and Flat
Everyone is welcome:
Kids – Great! I’m bringing 3
Dogs – sure, well behaved and on leash please since we are walking as a group. Be ready to pick up after rover!
Rain does not cancel
Dress appropriately and be prepared for mud.
Bring binoculars – you might spot an unusual bird, maybe even a CLAPPER RAIL!