Bike the Watershed 5
The Gallinas Watershed Council fifth annual bike ride through Gallinas Watershed in North San Rafael took placeon August 15, 2015.
This easy, fun and educational all-ages ride featured stops along the way to discuss the watershed and its inhabitants.
We started out at the Marin Civic Center Jury Parking Lot near the Civic Center Lagoon (NOT at McInnis Park as in the past). Our first official stop was at the new Civic Center SMART station to learn about the SMART train.
It was a very hot August day so everybody was happy that we got to visit the Three Twins Scoop Shop in Terra Linda for some complimentary ice cream!
After the ride we had a picnic by the Civic Center lagoon with complimentary doughnuts from Johnny Doughnuts and cupcakes from Nothing Bundt Cackes. We discussed what we saw and learned on our ride. Hope to see you all again next time!
BIKE THE WATERSHED is a FREE event. Donations of $5 or more appreciated.
Saturday, August 15, 2015
Bike Ride 10:30 am – 1 pm
Picnic around 1- 1:30 pm
Start at Civic Center Lagoon in the Jury Parking Lot. End up for picnic at the Civic Center lagoon.
10:30 AM Meet near Civic Center lagoon at Jury parking lot.
10:45 Depart on bike route:
1) ride through Farmers Market parking lot to SMART Station under 101
2) Go under 101 and take promenade to Northgate Mall
3) Follow ditch along Manuel Freitas to Scottys Market.
Stop for ice cream break at THREE TWINS ICE CREAM Terra Linda Scoop Shop.
4) Continue to Montecillo and hed past Kaiser Hospital
5) Right on Nova Albion to Terra Linda High School
6) Right on Golden Hinde to Los Ranchitos along the SMART Tracks
7) Left on North San Pedro
8) Finish at Civic Center lagoon for picnic (around 1 – 1:30 PM)
RSVP by email here or call tel: 415.360.3008
THANK YOU TO OUR IN-KIND SPONSORS:
Video of our 1st Annual Gallinas Watershed Bike Tour