On April 19, 2013 the Gallinas Watershed Council sponsors a WATERSHED HIKE.
This was one of our most popular and educational hikes in 2013 — not to be missed!
- Gather and have fun in our watershed!
- Tour the Watershed Headlands with Hydrologist Rachel Kamman.
- Learn about the history of the land, developments that affected the water courses, and what the future could hold.
- Learn about Gallinas Headwaters, and the role of headwaters in watershed health ( there will NOT be a test, points given for interesting questions).
- To share Gallinas Watershed facts, information and stories
- Scout for the elusive Easter Bunny 🙂
- Meet at the Open Space entrance at the top of Manuel Freitas Parkway in Terra Linda
- Parking is available on the street
- Leave parking lot at 3:15 and walk along the San Rafael/Sleepy Hollow Divide
Hike Leader: Hydrologist Rachel Kamman
Total hike distance: ~ 3 miles
Total time: 2.0 hrs
Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
Everyone is welcome:
Kids – Great!
Dogs – sure, well behaved and on leash please since we are walking as a group. Be ready to pick up after rover!
Rain does not cancel
Dress appropriately, bring your own water, and be prepared for sun and/or mud.